Monday, May 28, 2012

International Watercolor Masters



Jiangsu Dream will be in the 3rd Invitational Exhibition of Contemporary International Watermedia Masters in Nanjing, China. Opening October 20, 2012.  I will be there, (four trips to China this year!) and look forward to meeting the other artists, particularly Cheng-Khee Chee, who kindly invited me.

The painting will also be featured as a step-by-step demonstration along with several others of mine in an upcoming book, Inspirations & Technical Breathroughs: Secrets from the Contemporary International Watercolor Masters,  edited by Zhou Tianya and Ruan Hoe.

Thank you to each of these gentlemen for the consideration and their important contributions to our medium.

8 comments:

Nicholas Pegu said...

great painting + great news = smokin'!!!!

RH Carpenter said...

Beautiful painting full of interesting shapes and colors - and textures :) Congratulations, Nick!

Nick said...

Nicholas - I expect you'll be in one of these events and books yourself, at the rate you're going. You've got quite a following on Facebook already, and deservedly so!

Rhonda - it's a different one, that's for sure. When I get tired of serve and volley, it's time to junk shot from the baseline! :)

JANE MINTER said...

congratulations nick x2 !

Nick said...

thanks Jane!

Nancy Lee Galloway said...

You're on fire, Nick! Would love to see the book when it comes out..and four trips to China!! Don't envy you the flights but the events there I do! :)

Nes said...

Enhorabuena. A dar vueltas por el mundo!

Nick said...

Nancy - you're no stranger to life in the air. I might have to bail on one of those china trips, I'm a bit tired of that flight!

Nieves - sorry to be missing your biennial, I wish I had more notice. abrazos